1. Place large pot, filled with enough water to cover the two spaghetti squash, over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to water. When water comes to a boil, gently add 2 spaghetti squash. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until fork goes easily through skin and flesh of the squash. While spaghetti squash are cooking, continue to next step.
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or wok. Add garlic, onion, and scallions. Sauté until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add zucchini, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes (reserve 1 cup for garnish), mushrooms, and tofu to garlic and onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Set aside 2 tablespoons of basil and add remaining to onion and zucchini mixture. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Remove spaghetti squash from water and let cool. Cut each squash in half, long-ways from root to tip. Scoop out seeds with a spoon.
6. Once seeds are removed, turn fork, bottom side up, and scrape insides of squash from top to bottom creating “spaghetti.” Continue on both sides of each squash until all of the meat has been scraped off.
7. Spoon zucchini-vegetable sauce onto spaghetti squash.
8. Garnish with 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, remaining basil, and Parmesan cheese.